A self-made man who made his mark on the Manhattan real estate industry by age 27, Avery Modlin is known by his peers for identifying and developing lucrative commercial and residential opportunities that yield superior returns.
Avery's recent successes include:
- The acquisition of a 520 unit apartment complex in Montgomery, Alabama..
- An equity investment in the acquisition of a 130,000 square foot office complex in Eatontown, New Jersey, net leased to the Tyco corporation.
- An equity investment in the acquisition of eleven shopping centers in Puerto Rico
- The purchase of a boutique hotel in Beverly Hills
- The redevelopment and conversion of a 200,000 square-foot office building in Tribeca into luxury condominiums
- An equity investment in the development of a 235-unit high-rise condominium in Jacksonville , FL
- An equity investment in the development of a 300-unit high-rise rental building in Jacksonville , FL
- An equity investment in a 20-building portfolio in Puerto Rico consisting of more than 2.5 million square-feet
- An equity investment in the purchase of a 250,000 square foot office building in Manhasset, New York
- A Mezzanine and Equity investment in the acquisition
of a 370-unit garden apartment complex, to be converted to condominiums
in Sunrise, Florida
- An equity investment in the acquisition of Dobie Center. Dobie Center is one of the premier privately owned student housing facilities in the United States by virtue of its ideal design, amenities and ideal location. The property consists of a 27 story residential tower on top of a resident services concourse that contains a full service resident cafeteria, gym, computer room, pool, basketball, tennis and volleyball court and social rooms. The entire complex sits atop a two story retail mall, which it owns, that includes a four screen movie theater, a food court, and direct retail exposure to the main entrance to the University of Texas. The property also has a six level, 668 space parking garage used by residents, students, University employees and retail customers.
Under Avery's direction, The Modlin Group's Private Equity Group portfolio has invested in assets worth more than $2 billion.
Before co-founding The Modlin Group, Avery served as a senior vice president at a private real estate firm that owned two 500-unit apartment complexes and a dozen hotels in New York City . In this position, he was responsible for new acquisitions, arranging debt for the transactions, and overseeing $300 million in assets.
Avery also was senior vice president at The Carlton Group, a large real estate firm specializing in debt and equity placement, loan portfolio sales, and commercial sales. Prior to his tenure at The Carlton Group, Avery was at Haves, Pine, and Seligman, where he raised capital for numerous high-profile developers.
During his tenure at The Carlton Group and Haves, Pine, and Seligman, Avery specialized in multi-family and hospitality properties and sold several large commercial properties, including a renowned hotel in Manhattan.
Avery has extensive experience in creating private syndicates of investors that partner with successful developers in their real estate ventures. He also has provided noted developers with consulting services in the areas of finance, development, and management.
Adam Modlin is the President and Founder of The Modlin Group, a New York City based Residential Real Estate Brokerage Company. The Modlin Group specializes in the representation of clients seeking to purchase, sell or lease Condominiums, Cooperatives and Townhouses in New York City. The boutique firm is structured like a private bank catering to high net worth individuals, families and corporations.
Adam Modlin has become recognized in the past 12 years as one of the top producing residential brokers in New York City. The firm's diverse clientele include heads of state, royal family's, international CEO's, Power brokers, artists, entertainment executives and professional athletes.
Adam is known for his professionalism and affability. He is also respected for his sensitivity to his client's needs, his zealous client service and his knowledge of the market. He is very protective on his clients behalf to maintain their anonymity, privacy and discretion; an important asset in the business.
Adam is a graduate of Baruch College, City University of New York with a BBA degree in Business Marketing. He currently sits on the Board of the Baruch College Real Estate School and is an active member of REBNY - Real Estate Board of New York. Adam is actively involved with a number of charitable foundations.